Barista - Part Time APPLY NOW
Easton - St. Michaels - Annapolis
16 - 24 usd /
At Sprout, a Barista creates the experience for every guest. They are passionate about craft local food, coffee, sustainability, and is grounded in care and respect. With a primary mission to impact the overall excellence of Sprout and its ability to deliver the highest quality of food and customer service.
As a Barista You Will:
- Deliver exceptional hospitality to our guests & your fellow teammates.
- Make and serve a selection of delicious beverages with a variety of different brewing and preparation methods.
- Prepare and serve craft food.
Specific Job Accountabilities
- Assist Lead Barista with daily, weekly, and monthly duties as it pertains to a café(s).
- Support your team by taking joy in the tasks that keep the café(s) running smoothly and beautifully—these tasks may vary but can include developing wayfinding signs that help navigate guests through the Sprout process. Washing dishes, sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning, and organizing condiment stations, and taking out trash.
- Continue to learn about Sprout’s current food and drink offerings and preparation techniques; continuously cultivating your own curiosity and knowledge, and learning through in-house tastings, trainings and asking questions, always.
- Create community in the café(s) by sharing your joy and knowledge of food and drinks with our guests; inspire your fellow teammates to do the same.
Obsessed with the details!
- Sample Sprout food and beverages regularly to ensure quality, uphold our standards, and develop your palate while educating yourself about our ingredients and their story.
- Assist with any required job activity of business, as may be needed, to ensure customers are always served in accordance with Sprout’s overall service philosophy. ‘On the fly...’ Above and beyond satisfaction for customers. Ex: Take customers info and call when ready. Notify owners and chef about customer requests. Be the ‘point man’ for the barista team.
- Be passionate about the planet and help us achieve our company-wide sustainability goals.
- Uphold and follow all health, food safety, and safety guidelines.
- Promote a safe and respectful working environment.
Average Earnings: $16-24/hr based on location and seasonality
Participate in weekly tip pool.
Free Sprout food on shift.
Discounts on any Sprout offerings ad merchandise
Flexible work schedules
- A flexible schedule and are available to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Existing Food Handler’s Certification required for tMaryland, or will obtain it within 30 days post-hire
- Ability to smell and taste. You’re tasting and smelling coffee and food, helping ensure quality control
- Ability to listen and speak. You’re listening and speaking with our guests to take and fill orders, and guide and create experiences
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. You’re on your feet the majority of the day, whether you are standing behind bar pulling shots or walking the cafe floor. You will be active.
- Use of hands to reach, grip, turn and perform precision work
- Ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds
- As needed climb ladders, stairs, ramps and uneven floor and/or surfaces
- As a part-time barista, we require a minimum of 24 hours schedule work per pay period (12 hrs a week)
- 18+ years of age
|||Easton - St. Michaels - Annapolis|||||||||7DoDXYt6IGNGDCgm|||PART_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||range|||18|||16|||24|||true